In more than a century of working in the ecclesiastical arts, Conrad Schmitt Studios acquired more than 100 stained glass pieces. These works are currently under the stewardship of the Gruenke Foundation, for the purposes of restoration and display.
Bernard O. Gruenke’s passion for art included collecting fine works of art from around the world. The collection includes beautiful Old Masters pieces.
This collection includes drawings, paintings, stained glass, and sculpture donated by Ronald Stoettner for care and conservation by the Gruenke Foundation.
The traditional process for designing a stained glass window or decorative interior involves artists’ renderings of the proposed space. Today, these renderings are often completed on a computer, but for more than one hundred years, artists at Conrad Schmitt Studios produced these designs by hand, in pencil, ink, and watercolor. These drawings, dating from as early as 1915, are now under the stewardship of the Gruenke Foundation.